There’s probably one thing that all girls can relate to… the difficulty that is finding a facial care or skin care routine that works for you. The store aisles full of face wash, serums, creams, moisturizers, and various other items claiming to essentially be the fountain of youth can be overwhelming. With so many different types of skin, different brands out there, and different strengths, it’s easy to feel pulled in a million directions while still not having a clue which one to pick. And let’s be real, don’t you LOATHE buying a bottle of face wash just to use it for a week, barely make a dent in it, and decide that you need to try another one because it’s simply not working? Yeah, me too. Which is why I bring you my favorite skin care products:
1. Dial® Oil Free Acne Control Face Wash is the perfect balance between keeping my skin clear and not being too harsh. And that’s saying A LOT coming from me, because my skin is somewhere in between “Cetaphil is too gentle and anything with witch hazel makes me feel like my skin is being stung by a swarm of angry bees.” Ya feel me? Anyways, this face wash can be easily found at Walmart!
2. Number two on the list is this orange bottle of liquid GOLD. I scored mine at TJ Maxx for $4.99, but it’s also available at Walgreens for $15.00! Honestly, it’s so good that if I couldn’t find it at TJ Maxx or Marshalls again, I would splurge and pay the $15 for it. My aunt used to always tell me, “It’s never too early to start using moisturizer!” And to myself, I was thinking… “Isn’t moisturizer only for people in their 40’s?” WRONG. so wrong. When I first started nursing school, I started noticing fine wrinkles on my forehead. I also noticed that I looked dull and tired.. all.the.time. Most likely a result of my lack of sleep/busy schedule/never seeing the daylight because I was always in the library… oh and the occasional caffeine binge. 40 Carrots®, after just a few uses, made my skin look revitalized. And the best part is, I’ve been using it for about a year and it hasn’t broken me out. I’ve tried other moisturizers and had the issue of them being too oily for my skin and causing a major breakout, and who has time for that?
3. Next up is this Micellar Cleansing Water by Pearlessence. ® This is another one of my TJ Maxx finds; I scooped this large bottle up for $5.99! It can also be purchased through Jocott Brands for $16.00. This stuff has lasted me FOREVER. I use it as a makeup remover, and it’s not nearly as oily as other brands. Another plus is the cute cactus design. Fun fact about me…. I’m a sucker for cacti. I can’t help it, they’re just so cute!
4. Number 4 brings us to this Vaseline® spray moisturizer. I love this stuff because it’s light, your skin absorbs it pretty quickly, and you don’t have to rub it in… can I get an AMEN?!? It’s perfect if you’re in a hurry. It also can be found at Walmart, so maybe you can grab this baby when you get your face wash!
5. Last, but oh so certainly not least, is this Pearlessence® Coconut Water Face Mist. Once again… this was a TJ Maxx find for $7.99. Can y’all tell I have a slight obsession with TJ? I may need an intervention because my bank account is whispering in my ear, “Girl we both know you can’t afford all of these TJ Maxx runs.” The items are cheap and I always find SOMETHING that I fall in love with… whoops. The heart wants what it wants, and if my heart wants TJ Maxx, so be it. Anyways, I’m passing the savings on to you, because this item is IN STOCK online at TJ Maxx for $5.99! I probably got way too excited about the fact that its online, but I really wasn’t expecting it to be! It tends to sell out fast, so grab it while it lasts! I’m also linking the coconut rose water facial mist that’s online as well!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my roundup of skin care products! I love a good deal, because nursing school makes me broke. This girl is not paying for $40-$100 creams and moisturizers, I’ll stick to paying less than $10, and you can too! Let me know if you try any of these products, I’d love to hear from you!
xoxo happy skin care shopping!